If you don’t already have your entry in then don’t panic! The deadline for entries for this year’s Care Accolades has been extended to Wednesday 13 February 2013 so you have time to enter your organisation, service or special project for the awards.
We want to hear from excellent social service organisations that are making a difference to the lives of people who use services, carers, workers and the public. The awards are open to all social service organisations across all sectors in Scotland, from the public, private and voluntary sector. Initiatives might be aimed at children in a nursery, adults in a care home or targeted at those who work with vulnerable or disadvantaged people in their community.
Now with nine categories, plus a Chair’s Award, Accolades will be awarded to services who demonstrate excellence in areas such as investing in the workforce, involving the community, innovative ways of working, and personalisation.
The awards are open to all social service organisations across all sectors in Scotland, from the public, private and voluntary sector.
- Investing in the workforce, developing practice
- Working better, working together
- Working with local communities
- Children and young people
- Adults and older people
- Innovation and redesign
- Personalisation of services
- Investing in preventing offending and reducing reoffending
- One to watch
Chair’s Award – a winner is chosen from all of the finalists.
Entering is simple
- Decide on the category you would like to apply for.
- Put together your submission. Remember your submission must be of no more than 1500 words.
- Complete the online entry form and upload your submission.
Visit the apply section for more information.
Hints and tips
Looking for tips on entering? Our hints and tips section on our website can help you. Hear from previous winners and finalists about why they entered and how they put their entry together.
You can also hear Garry Coutts, Chair of the judging panel’s five top tips to help you with your entry.
If you have any questions please contact Vanessa Glenday at: email@example.com or telephone 01382 207267.